Clutch drifting - can't set it up
I am new to the chat room but not new to the buell world (XB12SX 2009) though now facing this drifting clutch issue. I know this is one that has been commented but unfortunately could not get to set it up with the threads and thought would reach out to the chat room.
Prob is as follows:
1. Loose up the clutch cable in full
2. Screw bolt 6 onto the disk 8 tight and then unscrew it half turn to give a bit of slack
3. Tightening back the cable to get 2 mm in the clutch lever
4. Putting back the screw stopper 12
5. Actioning the clutch lever one or twice to take out any other slack in the commend
and that is when the trouble comes... I can hear a clonk on the 3rd time and when I look at the disks, I can see they are slightly unplanned with the clutch box cover. The slack in screw 6 is gone and the cable is completely distended as if I did not do item #3 of the above process.
I looked at where the disks are settling on the clutch box cover. There is a rim from 12 o'clock to 5 o'clock, so really asymetric, i.e. no support from 5 to 12. Is it the way it should be or is it that my rim on the clutch cover has been damaged...?
Let me know your thoughts if I should consider replacing the clutch cover or the disks or any other suggestions.
Thanks a lot